Through Him, let us continually offer to God the sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name! Hebrews 13:15
This year for Thanksgiving I am offering the fruit of my lips as my sacrifice of praise to God my Savior.
- I thank You for my wife- a virtuous woman clothed in the beauty of meekness, and I thank You for my daughter- who is the work of Your hand even so young as she is!
- I thank You for Your calling to salvation in sanctification by the gospel- for You have overcome my sins and my past, even my future, that I may be redeemed in the Body of Christ!
- I thank You for the fellowship of my brethren who have surrounded me in prayer so that You may be glorified in the abundance of fruit! And I thank You for every answered prayer that You have answered this year- how full will the Kingdom be because of the grace that You have poured out in answer to prayers!
- I thank You for the gift of repentance that You have given in our assembly- for how highly magnified Your mercy has been in our sight!
- I thank You for being the Father to our brothers and sisters who have never known the love of a father- for being a husband to those who have none, the joy to those who are overcome in sorrow, and the welcomer of them who are unwelcome!
- I thank You for Your ever-faithful daily provision of food, shelter, clothing, warmth, cooling, health, and understanding of Your Word, that we might be nourished and strong in both body and spirit!
- And I thank You for that which my flesh cannot give thanks: for abandonment, which has taught dependence on You, for false accusations and mistreatment, which has shown me the blessings of truth in Christ, for infirmity, which has taught me humility and the strength of your grace in joy!
Oh how marvelous are Your ways, and so high above my plane of comprehension! You make Your rain to fall upon the just and upon the unjust, and you give the sun to shine upon both the unrighteous and the righteous! Blessed be Your name forever and ever, amen!